Disruptive behavior in any organization! (STAROBA? FOS? UMNO? Your company? Your school? Any organization, anywhere, the same disruptive behaviors will occassionally show their ugly heads, no pun intended!)
What is a disruptive behavior? It's any behavior that can compromise the achievement of an organization's mission. These 15 below are dysfunctional behavior and how they manifest in organizations.
- Procrastinator - fence sitter; dislikes investing own energy; avoids commitment.
- Martyr - avoider; accusatory; self-righteous; blames others for own inadequacies.
- Gossip - hostile; critical of others; spreads lies; intends to harm others.
- Manipulator - contemptuous; deceives others by inventing/distorting information; convinces others to shun those he or she wishes to harm.
- Backstabber - irresponsible; fakes relationships and deceives others for a slanderous and surprise attack.
- Narcissist - fence sitter; outwardly arrogant and self-absorbed; while inwardly insecure and anxious.
- Deer in the Headlights - avoider who appears to be in a state of paralysis or shock; unwilling/unable to engage others or respond to requests.
- Black Hole - hostile; unresponsive; unproductive.
- Fetalist - inwardly contemptuous; severely withdrawn; displays zombie-like demeanor.
- Suicide - irresponsible and self-destructible; often resigns from position either formally or by failing to show up; may express repressed anger.
- Stonewaller - fence sitter; obstructionist; challenges legitimacy or need of another party for info or support.
- Curmudgeon - an avoider; makes others pay for every encounter.
- Bully - hostile, attacks someone's character or the quality of their work; threatens employees with dismissal if they don't comply with demands.
- Bomber - contemptuous; destroys others' self-confidence; publicly assaults others; undermines others' value in the eyes of the team.
- Predator - irresponsible; feeds of others' securities; uses or destroys others to increase personal power; feels confident that he or she can hunt and destroy at will.